Yes thats right, there will be another Christmas next year. Alot of people forget this when it comes to the post christmas sales. Alot of decorations are 50-80% off. I know that for me i need to stock up on christmas kit. This year was sparse. We have a small tree with no lights and thats it. But not only this its also a good opportunity for birthday and christmas present shopping for next year. Think ahead people. What will you need? Here is my list so far:
- Christmas lights, both indoor and out.
- White christmas tree
- Wrapping paper
- Clothes for Rue, sizes 1 and 2.
- Birthday present for Rue (for July im thinking one of those tee pees)
- A few gifts for Nieces. (aged 3 and 5)
- Possibly some baby items to donate if they are a good price. (Blankets and wraps are always in demand)
- Bed sheets for our bed (BD being a truck driver gets filthy and tar doesnt wash out too well)
- Bonds singlets for BD (Part of any truckie’s uniform)
- Socks for BD (He has 20pairs of the same sock to prevent mismatches but they are getting worn out)
- Shoes for me (i have one pair…yes, seriously)
- Laundry basket (the dog has peed on it a few times so i will have to get rid of it to prevent further urination)
Im hoping to not spend too much on this lot. I won’t buy anything that isnt at least 50% off or a bargain price. Hoping to get the tree for about $20-$30 (rrp $120). Lights maybe under $10 and wrapping paper under $2 a roll. Birthday presents under $10 a piece. Sheets are usually a really good sale item i usually get a doona cover for about $50 (rrp Over $100). But my fave sale item i might have to give a miss this year. I have a love for egyptian cotton bath sheets. The really big fluffy ones. Each year i will generally get two of one color but having moved a few times i seem to have ‘lost’ alot of them so i now have only one of each color and only 3 towels all up and they are losing their plumpness. They normally retail for about $50 a piece but at sales are under $20. But this year other things are going to take priority over towels. We have enough and i am now on my Centerlink maternity leave so money is tighter.
Another item i will look at are party supplies. Not sure if they go on sale or not but as im now a mum i have alot of birthday parties in my future to cater for. Plates, cups, goodie bags and drink dispensers. How cute is this jungle theme: