Back to school put me in the mood for snacks. And what better snack then museli bars!
1. 3 cups rolled oats tossed with 2 tbls oil and 2 tbls melted butter.
2. Then pour it onto a baking tray and bake at 180c for 10-20mins stirring occasionally to stop it burning.
3. Then melt 1/4 cup honey, 1/2 brown sugar, a tablespoon of marmalade and some vanilla in a saucepan.
4. Pour the oats back into a bowl and add a pinch of salt. Add dried fruit and chopped nuts to taste. Pour the melted sugar mix over dry ingredients. Stir well.
5. Press into a lined slice tray and bake at 160c for 15mins.
6. Leave to cool then turn out and cut up. I then drizzled chocolate over mine, it really give it that added flavor.
Optional extras are:
1/2 cup rice bubbles
spoon full of coconut
Dip the whole bottom in chocolate