anyone else have a list of random items they want to buy but it always seems like a bit of a waste of money at the time. I totally have a running list going:
- A generator. Might never need it but when you do you will be glad you baught it. Rrp about $300-$600 for a basic one. Frankly our power went out a few weeks ago and i realised that more than anything we needed a working heater for Rue. It gets down below -10 in winter here so a heater is a must! Not to mention the recent storms causing power outages for days. Phone, fridge, hot water and food. A generator sounds like a good idea.
- A jump start kit. When ever my battery is flat i always seem to be in the worst position to get another car to jumpstart me. This little beauty goes for $100-$200 and can be kept in your boot. Anywhere anytime. No second car needed.
- A new car. I love my little car but my bf insists i need a new one. Since he mentioned it i keep thinking and realising that he might be right. My car is only 9yrs old and has no major issues, but, the front shocks are bad from a huge pot hole, the clutch slips, the back footwell floods when it rains (no idea where its getting in) and things are sounding a bit clunky under the hood… Thinking of a secondhand Nissan Dualis. Nice little SUV. I can pick up a 2011 model for about $10,000.
- Porta-cot. Ours cost $49 but one side wont lock anymore. We only go away maybe once every few months and just put that side against a wall. But really its not safe and we should get a new one. Im thinking about $100-$150.
- Second carseat. If im in an accident or cant get home for what ever reason we have no way of getting rue home as no one else has a carseat. I found one online for $180 but havent had the money yet. This one is at the top of my spare money list atm.
- New pram. There is nothing wrong with mine but it is a little bulky. I would love a nice sleek one. About $300.
- Dining table. We dont use the dining room so there is no need to get a table but i would love a nice round one (bd informed me he hates round ones and im not aloud to get one).