I have never really been one to make new year resolutions but there are several things i really need to do this year and a year is a nice time bracket for goals.
- I say this every year but i have to pay off my debt. I work it out each year and there is no reason that i cant do it i just like buying stuff with my spare cash. Which brings me to my next point.
- Not spend anything on my creditcard! I have been using it to buy extra things each fortnight and am living over my means. Not at all this year!
- Lose 20kg. This may seem like an ambitious goal until you realise that i need to actually lose double that to be at a normal weight. 20kg will have me in a healthier place so thats the least i need to do.
- Don’t go to the shop unless i actually HAVE to buy something. No more browsing which leads to buying
- Focus more on selling things on Etsy. I have dabbled in it for a while now but never sold anything so i need to find something viable.
- Work out my car. I currently spend $400 a fortnight which is way above my means on my car lease which is under contract for 2years. I have taken the first step in emailing the company and asking how to get out of this. I think it will be a matter of paying it out which is $15,000 (i would then sell the car and get that back) so i may not be able to do it.
- Although i would like to say i will have more savings $50 a fortnight is the most i can spare while im paying down my debt so there it will stay.
So that’s it. A modest list of HAVE to do this year. 366 days to go (its a leap year!).
I was thinking today that I wonder how much I have spent on baby and how much is left. So here is a breakdown so far. S=Sale
- Carseat $279 S
- Rocker/ bassinet $135 S
- Crib $90 S
- bottles $26
- Tupperware $275 (I used to sell it so im obsessed)
- Onesies x6 $35?
- Nappies $10
- New cloth nappies x5 $100 S
- terry towel nappies $20
- Leggings x2 $20
- Maternity clothes $80 (two leggings, a top and a nightie, bra)
- Doctors $160
- Ultrasounds x2 and NT blood test $570
- Cot sheets x2 $60
- Nappy bag $19 S
- Face washers $15
- wet wipes $9
So all up? $1,911 Having said that I saved $455 buying things on sale or second hand. Go me! Most of the things I still have left im hoping to have gifted. I want to know the sex before I get more clothes but that’s something that I think my mum and sister will want to buy so ill count more clothes out. I made my own bibs with leftover fabric and am knitting some booties and beanie’s with wool I already had. Im also planning on making my own cot sheets with sale fabric when I find it. So things I still have to buy:
- Breast pump $250
- Cot mattress $100-$200 (its dumb how expensive these are, a bit of foam would work)
- $20 2mtrs of sale fabric per cot sheet
- Chest of draws as change table $40 S
- Change mat $50
- Rocking chair $50-$200
- Bath supplies $30
- Pram $200
- Sling $70
- Sun shades $20
- Door safety catches $40
So about another $1320! Having said this this is our first kid so there is a lot we don’t have. Second kid will have hand me downs so no cost for them 🙂 Also once bub is here there wont be as many costs for a while. I’m planning to breastfeed or express exclusively for 4-6months then make my own baby food to use with breast milk until 1year. I’m fine with using formula though but hopefully I can bare through the boob pain 🙂
Mum said that there isn’t a lot you have to buy for a new bub. I was like hell yeah there is lol its like moving out for the first time. You know the important things but you forget all the little things that you only remember when you need it. Pegs, vegie peeler, spatula, oven trays, laundry powder, herbs. When you have a baby you know the big things, cot, pram, nappies, clothes. But you forget that they are going to need something to eat out of, bottles, and something to express milk so BD can feed it, and something to clean up vomit and something to bathe them with, plus sunshades for the car and safety catches for the house. I think mums that have been out of the game a while forget all those little things that they had to get at the start. Like people are telling me I don’t need a pram. I’m like well I’m not carrying it around the shops, I will need both hands to shop, and my back one day!